Re: DUTY+DUTY= DUTY2

From: ARTISOK
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:02:39 PDT

    Re: The dreaded DUTY ?
    I have worked at several different elementary schools and found consistently
    that the special area folk do carry more duty- Because we do not have a
    homeroom. Usually the instructional assistants do seven weeks a year-
    Specials do six weeks a year and classroom teachers do four. It all comes out
    in the wash....I have my own room with kiln...teach 5-6 classes a day with at
    least an hour or more every day for lunch/planning. I am not
    complaining.....plus..I work hard- write grants, present at
    conferences....hang many shows....seek out business partners....I don't feel
    shorted. I do more duty- but I don't mind....plus..I get lots of fresh air
    and sunshine at car duty.
    Have a great year everyone!
    artisok

    ---