Re: Nike logo

From: DHJones3
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 16:33:56 PDT

    In a message dated 08/22/2000 1:17:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    pknott writes:

    <<
     The NIKE logo was created by a woman, Caroline Davidson in 1971.
     The SWOOSH represents the wing of the Greek Goddess Nike.
     Caroline met Phil Knight (the founder of Nike) while in an accounting class.
     She received $35.00 for the first SWOOSH.
     Although I can not find any documentation, it is my understanding that SHE
     receives 5 cents every time the logo is used, and yes has made millions.

     You can find the history of Nike by going to ask.com
     Go to the art section and ask who designed the N >>

    ---