Re:paraplegic student

From: Artgirl109
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 16:31:26 PDT

    Hi everybody,
    Today I received a paraplegic student. He arrived with an aide. He cannot
    speak and has no use of his limbs. She said he was there at the request of
    his father for socialization. This is a high school class with mostly 9th
    graders. Have any of you ever had this situation? I had a few minutes to
    prepare the kids. I told them that although he didn't have use of his body
    he could still think and hear and that they could talk to him and smile. Any
    suggestions.
    susie

    ---