Re: Nike logo

From: Batmom44
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 16:05:31 PDT

    In a message dated 8/22/00 1:18:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pknott
    writes:

    << The NIKE logo was created by a woman, Caroline Davidson in 1971.
     The SWOOSH represents the wing of the Greek Goddess Nike.
     Caroline met Phil Knight (the founder of Nike) while in an accounting class.
     She received $35.00 for the first SWOOSH.
     Although I can not find any documentation, it is my understanding that SHE
     receives 5 cents every time the logo is used, and yes has made millions. >>

    thank you so much. I thought that this was the story. but I wasn't sure of my
    source. I also understand that it was sometime before she actually started
    receiving the "roayalty" payment and then it was because of the honesty and
    integrity of the Nike developer. He had met their original contract
    agreement. but because he knew that her logo was a major contributor to their
    success, he looked her up and forged a new agreement very financially
    rewarding to her.

    ---