Re: statement

From: Batmom44
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 15:51:33 PDT

    In a message dated 8/22/00 8:50:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jab1997 writes:

    << Why do you grade so hard in art? It is just an elective (even though
     our district requires it for graduation). Students should not be given
     below a B in art. Not everyone can do art so you need to go easy on
     them"

     Jackie >>
    Ok, this statement was obviously made by someone who knows absolutely nothing
    about art or teaching art. First instinct is to just ignore such ignorance.
    But if they were stupid enough to ask the question once they will just get in
    your face again. First of all you don't grade hard.....students don't try
    hard enough to meet your standards. Because they have bought into the
    ignorance which causes statements such as not everyone can do art ........!
    Boy do I feel better. What did you say? I am sure you were nicer than I would
    have been.
    Reatha

    ---