Re: duty question

From: croberts (croberts)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 15:13:47 PDT

    Teri...I've been teaching a number of years and I have found there are
    always things we have to do sometimes that we don't feel like we should be
    doing. There is always "duty" with every teaching job...

    I have even had to teach remedial reading for one period a DAY for a couple
    of years...I've helped in the office...but in the long run, it has paid off.

    It is only one period a week so I would do it and keep my mouth shut. There
    will come a time when YOU will need something. It all works out.
    Carolyn Roberts

    >What do you guys think about this? I feel like I'm being used as a
    >babysitter! I'm thinking I will tell that teacher to bring her class to
    >my room, along with their backpacks, ready to go, and they can do a
    >design sheet or art enrichment. I mean, I'm an ART teacher, I have no
    >desire to go (back) into the classroom after 10 years, even if it's only
    >for one period a week. Am I being unreasonable?? Opinions, please!!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >teri
    >

    >---

    ---