Re: duty question

From: PHimmelber
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 14:31:50 PDT

    Someone asked me why, with a master's degree and 25 years of professional art
    under my belt, I would want to spend my first 30 and last 45 minutes as a
    traffic cop... new duty for me. We have a new principal too... and here is
    what I answered. I am paid to work an eight hour day. My boss tells me what
    to do. I do this out of respect for her as my boss... she needs my help to
    get kids safely into and away from the school at arrival/dismissal. My job is
    to teach. I think I teach by example when I do as I am asked by the person
    who is responsible for the whole school, no matter how it affects what I
    would rather do. Peter

    ---