Re: statement

From: Yvette Lewis (yvlewis)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 06:42:40 PDT

    Who sent you this statement? Parent, student or asministrator?
    Justify your grades with your criteria, objectives and assessments. I
    stopped having most of these discussions with parents and students when I
    started using rubrics which very clearly stated the goals and levles of
    acheivments. My rubrics also include a reflective questions part so the
    studnet themselves can indicate what they learned and what they feel the
    grade should be based on the work and the goals.

    Yvette