good year 2000-2001

From: MRJWITZ
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 06:01:42 PDT

    Hi everyone.....I have been ill all summer and most of you have been my
    friends and my lifeline to the outside world...well now I'm up and going and
    would like to wish you all a great beginning of 2000-01
    Jusst remember.............let's do our job....not let others degrade our
    importance (special teachers) and if they do......LET IT GO....and just enjoy
    the fact that we are "special".

    About the first days...........
    a good intro to art history for the little ones...is cave art.
    I do it with my first graders as I intro why we study the artists..I rip
    brown butcher paper into large irregular shapes and have each child draw a
    "Cave Picture" that we may find on a cave millions of years from now about
    OUR lives now. then I put them up as ONE display (looking like 2-D rocks)
    and have Freddy Flintstone saying: ART FROM THE START.
    robin

    Robin

    ---