grafitti art

From: Maahmaah
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 19:19:49 PDT

    Hi,
    thought you might like to see this link. I am fascinated with this type of
    art myself. However, when I see it in my own city filled with gang slang, it
    angers me so much that my appreciation of it as an art form goes out the
    window.

    Any of you study this in your classes with your kids?

    Lee

    <<Site du Jour of the Day (000821)
    August 21, 2000

    Art Crimes: The Writing on the Wall
    http://www.graffiti.org/

    Susan Farrell and Brett Webb
    Mountain View, California, USA

    The Art Crimes site originated in May 1994 with a few photographs from
    Atlanta and Prague and has since grown to include a a gallery of graffiti
    art from around the world. With over 3,000 images in the collection, Art
    Crimes take a fairly objective look at the graffiti art form and the
    cultures involved. Because this form of expression is often against the law
    it has gained a non-reputation in art circles, but some of the work is
    absolutely stunning. The influence graffiti art has had on popular culture
    and the graphic arts cannot be denied and Art Crimes: The Writing on the
    Wall presents graffiti art in its natural environment. A well done site
    worth looking at.

    Ed

    Visit the Site du Jour of the Day Archives at
    (http://members.tripod.com/~SdJotD/ )

    If you would like to start receiving Site du Jour of the Day send
    your request to (sdjotd ) with SdJotD as the subject.
    To stop receiving it send the text "86SdJotD" to the same address.

    Copyright 2000 Edward J. Pelegrino. All rights reserved but may be forwarded
    for non-commercial purposes. Thanks.

    ---