Re: Teachers CAN pray--AT SCHOOL AND ANYWHERE ELSE; THEY JUST CAN'T REQUIRE PARTICIPATION BY THE STUDENTS...

From: henry taylor (taylorh)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 19:01:25 PDT

    Thank you, Larry!

    A very clear layout of the case.

    Prayer is cool as long as we don't restrict the
    Satanists (who MUST believe in GOD if they are to
    oppose) and Wiccans (who are as close to being
    Satanists as John the Baptist and who represent the
    really "old time religion")
    Muslims (Who pray to EXACTLY the same GOD)
    Jews (ditto)
    Buddhists (for whom GOD is aside from the point but OK)
    Jains
    Vedantists
    Zoroastrians
    Bahais
    Cyber-Classicists (Zeus ex machina)
    Conservative Capitalists (IN G$D WE TRUST)
    Marxians (Get thee behind me Bill Gates!)
    DADAists
    etc. etc. etc ad infinitum.

    in their expressions and devotions.

    The constitution being there, of course, to protect us
    from other people who think about DIFFERENT THINGS in
    the SAME WAY we do. Sooner or later everyone (or their
    grandchildren) is a minority.

    Again, thank you Larry!

    -henry
    from his summer residence on the Planet Bob!

    ---