Re: discipline models

From: henry taylor (taylorh)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 18:24:13 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
      Most of them are football players who have told me directly that they'll do
      whatever they please in my class because it is "just art" and therefore does not count towards eligibility.

    The question has to be whether or not you can get rid of them if they choose to continue as non-participants after all they are "just jocks" You shouldn't even have to fail them.

    By all means attempt remedial accomodations but you can't run your class and expect due respect as a teacher if a group can ignore you with impugnity.

    -h

    ---