Re: What's the first lesson you do?

From: Bicyclken
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 16:44:04 PDT

    In my art 2 class I do a weave drawing to sharpen their drawing skills and
    teach some new drawing tricks.

    Art 3 is doing woodcuts, using both sides of the wood to produce a two color
    print that supports each other.

    My Art 4 students are doing a mixed media "Montage" composition that will
    emphasize the principles of design and use different media.

    My A.P. class is reading the requirements for the portfolio, (test to
    follow), starting their sketchbook, writing their concentration project idea
    into a paragraph and listing the projects that they have now for their
    portfolio.

    Independent study is working on Logo design for industry and corporate
    identity and then onto their own projects related to the A.P. portfolio.
    We start meetings Thursday and Friday and then kids on Tuesday the 29th.

    Ken Schwab
    San Jose, CA

    ---