Re: discipline middle school

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:36:50 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Betty Bowen <aunthoppy>
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
    Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 9:49 AM
    Subject: Re: discipline middle school

    This is my first year here, after a non-managed class
    for 2 years that tore the place up, and a retiree who
    filled in part-time after that teacher left, so I
    realize I am starting from square one to establish my
    curriculum.

    In my opinion, since I've been in this situation before, this is the real
    problem. They are testing you. Stick to your ideals, while it will be
    difficult in the beginning, it will get better, and the kids will appreciate
    you and respect you in the end. Whatever you do, don't compromise what you
    feel is most important, students do not respect that, and will remember. On
    the other hand, some compromising (of less important things) can help kids
    feel they have been heard and respected.

    Leah

    ---