Re: Curious about kiln firings/and being made fun of

From: KPRS (kprs)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 08:19:11 PDT

    Kiln firings. Our computer is set up with a computer kiln setter, so we fire at
    night. Why? Because the kiln is in our room, and we don't prefer to either smell
    the fumes. or YELL over the exhaust fan. The kiln setter turns the kiln off and
    on over the time period, and we haven't had a problem.

    As for kids making fun of me....it's a long process, but you will come to it...I
    can't dwell on my feelings being hurt when I teach...I can only hope not to hurt
    their feelings, but they are only kids, and they are learning about what it is
    to be a human being on the planet....sometimes I let them know it is hurtful,
    sometimes I laugh along with them, other times I say "I work hard to be weird! "
    and then laugh....but generally my relationship with kids is on a the 'kidding'
    level, and I know they are just 'feeling' their way around 'humanness'.......and
    honestly, are they any different from the people in the teacher's room who are
    mocking other teachers??

    San D

    ---