Re: discipline middle school

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 06:49:52 PDT

    --- KSchiavo00 wrote:
    > I can't stand that attitude!!! I'm assuming your
    > teaching High School.
    No, I'm talking about 7 & 8th graders who have already
    decided football is the only reason to come to school.

    This is the only one of five classes where I am having
    any management difficulty. they all have some learning
    disabilities, which I only today (second week)
    received any notification of, so that should help.

    This is my first year here, after a non-managed class
    for 2 years that tore the place up, and a retiree who
    filled in part-time after that teacher left, so I
    realize I am starting from square one to establish my
    curriculum. They've never done any art history, etc.,
    never looked at any art that I can tell. So I'm
    reinventing it all.

    Thanks!
    Betty