Re: discipline models (Betty)

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 05:53:57 PDT

    Thanks, Holly
    I do have a discipline plan written up and copied out.
    That is one of the proceedures we will revisit this
    morning. The copier was down (the first week!) so now
    I can give copies. It was shared with me by a middle
    school history teacher at a large urban middle school
    at our "Great Expectations" workshop (teacher camp). I
    realize I'm being tested. ITs funny, but the one
    proceedure they have down is - they know they have to
    have their work tables clean and ready for the next
    class (pencils in the middle, waste paper thrown away,
    good paper in stacks, their papers signed and in the
    basket) and be seated and quiet. When the bell rings,
    nobody moves until I dismiss them. So, THAT I have
    gotten across in a week.

    Thankfully the other classes are a dream.

    BB