Re: discipline models

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 05:49:50 PDT

    Thanks for the discipline advice on my football
    players. I'll ask the coach for advice because I have
    learned in my non-school working advice that people
    are more likely to be supportive of a request if you
    have first asked how they would like the situation
    handled. It kind of gives them some partial ownership
    of the outcome. Second, because this faculty seems to
    actually want to work as a team and so far everyone
    has been most helpful. Also, he was the coach when I
    was in middle school, so has been here a long time and
    has seen it all.

    I think the eligibility policy is from the state, not
    that it has to be limited as such.

    I do think I'll divide the class, and see how that
    works. The others will work on proceedures for sure
    today, then I'll consider the never-been-opened
    textbooks.

    Yes, the chair-throwing was part of a larger problem
    that was addressed. (he didn't throw it far, not that
    that matters, and not towards anything or anybody).

    Its a new week!!
    BB