art and sports

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 05:12:33 PDT

    Guess I am going to luck out a little bit this year with my sports minded
    kids.
    Our new highschool coach and PE teacher also taught HS art in his last school.
    He is quite charismatic and 8 ft. tall (so it seems to one so short). I
    asked him
    for a quote regarding sports and art He said he always told his "Jocks"
    that

    "sports and art have alot in common and can complement each other quite well-
    they both deal with - eye hand cooridination! Each one has alot to teach
    you."

    I need to hang that quote along
    with Keith Haring , Georgia Okeeffe and the rest of the "heavy hitters on
    the art
    hit parade" quotes!!!

    ---