Re: discipline models

From: Batmom44
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 02:50:55 PDT

    In a message dated 8/20/00 10:18:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    aunthoppy writes:

    << Advice from you experienced folks out there? My plans:
     1. talk to the coach and ask his advice. I WULD NOT ASK THE COACH FOR
    ADVICE. I WOULD GO TO THE PERSON WHO SET SUCH A REDICULOUS POLICY. WHEN OUR
    ATHELETES COME AROUND WITH THEIR ELIGIBILITY PAPERS TO BE SIGNED, THEY COME
    TO ME ALSO. AND EVERYTHING COUNTS TOO. BEHAVIOR AS WELL AS ACADEMIC
    ACHIEVEMENT. DO NOT LET THEM WALK ON YOU. I MAY HAVE A NEGATIVE ATTITUDE, BUT
    MOST PE PEOPLE PARTICULARLY THE COACHES OF "IMPORTANT" HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
    TEND TO BE CRUDE WITH A TOTALLY IGNORANT ATTITUDE TOWARD THE ARTS.
    2. Start the
     week again with learning classroom proceedures. If we
     do that all week, fine. Keep hanging up the cool stuff
     the other classes are doing. The co-operative kids
     will be able to catch up, but I'm sure they are
     miserable at this point too. TRY SPLITTING THEM INTO TWO GROUPS. PROVIDE THE
    COOPERATIVE KIDS WITH AS MUCH INSTRUCTION AS YOU CAN MANAGE UNDER THE
    CIRCUMSTANCES AND ALLOW THEM TO DO ARTWORK. IF YOU HAVE A TEXTBOOK AND YOU
    CAN GET THEM TO OPEN IT (AND I REALLY DO THINK THAT IS UP TO YOU) HAVE THE
    NON-COOPERATIVE KIDS WORK OUT OF THE BOOK. YOU KNOW LIKE THE CLASSES THAT
    "COUNT FOR ELIGIBILITY" ...... READ ..ANSWER QUESTIONS. AND THEIR ONLY REWARD
    SHOULD BE THE PRIVILEGE OF CREATING ARTWORK. DON'T LET THEM WALK ON YOU. AND
    IF YOU DIDN'T WRITE THAT CHAIR THROWER UP FOR A MAJOR DISRUPTION, DON'T MISS
    YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY.

    Sorry for shouting, but sometimes the italics don't show up on other peoples
    e-mail services. And if they don't you can't tell the reply from the original
    comment.
    Reatha

    ---