Upcoming Social Studies forum events

From: BJ Berquist (berquist)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 02:09:29 PDT

    Two major sessions are coming up in the Social Studies forum on August
    23 and August 30. Both sessions will be held in TAPPED IN
    (http://www.tappedin.org), and are set for 8 p.m. Eastern time (5 p.m.
    Pacific).

    On August 23, participants will discuss and share resources and lessons
    for teaching students about immigration. Elementary and secondary
    teachers will share information, projects, and resources on this topic.

    On August 30, the forum will host two special guests; producers of the
    PBS Democracy Project. They'll discuss the website and share
    information about available resources and projects, especially the
    "Build Your Own Campaign" activity. Resources and activities are
    available for both elementary and secondary classes.

    TAPPED IN is easy to navigate and access, and works in both PC and
    Macintosh formats.

    Feel free to e-mail me for more information about these sessions, or if
    you have questions about either of these events.

    --
    Michael Hutchison
    social studies teacher, Lincoln High School

    Posted by BJ Berqusit Associate Educator, TAPPED IN mailto:bjb@tappedin