Re: discipline models

From: dj (djash)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 22:20:24 PDT

     Most of them are football
    players who have told me directly that they'll do
    whatever they please in my class because it is "just
    art" and therefore does not count towards eligibility.

    It's a tough problem and I understand your stress. I think the sports
    tie in is a good start as well as getting some outside help to help work
    on their attitude ... coach, guidance counselor . But from past
    experiences, that may not work if you don't have the support from those
    other co workers that you should. Just be prepared. Art may be an
    elective but in many schools, it's a "dumping ground".

    Also FTI it is "just art"..... the designer of the Nike swish made 7.5
    million dollars the first year his logo ran. His contract: every time
    his logo was used he got a nickel..... Oh ya! It's just art all right!!!
    And how great it is... in sooooo many ways! Wonder how much he's made
    since then????
    Good luck. Keep us posted. Donna

    ---