Re: Election and Olympic Projects

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 16:26:18 PDT

    Hi Anne C-H,

            My fifth graders did Olympic winners' medallions using tooling
    foil. I took pictures (b & w) of their profiles ahead of time. We studied
    the designs of Ancient Greek coins. They tooled their self portraits in
    profile view on the foil, antiqued them with india ink (burnish highlights
    with steel wool)then glued them to cardboard with a felt backing. We put
    some yarn edging around the sharp edges of the foil and added yarn for
    making the medallion into a necklace.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

        With the presedential election and the olympics coming up----seems like
    there is the potential for some interesting art. Anybody have projects
    along those lines?

    Anne C-H in Illinois

    ---