Re: Election and Olympic Projects

From: PurpleArt
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 20:54:12 PDT

    I usually try to get in some action figure drawings during the Olympics. I
    video tape portions of a variety of the events and show them during class.
    Students model for each other to do some gesture/action poses with "stick
    people" and we go on to fill in the oval shapes for muscles, etc. Then add
    drawing and painting Olympic style uniforms, depending on which event the
    student chose to portray. Sometimes we cut these figures out and glue them
    over a painted background (from another lesson) to get a
    background/foreground effect lesson. 3rd grade kids always love these!
    --Lisa in SD
    ps -- haven't thought about combining the election and the Olympics until
    now, hmmm, maybe some interesting political cartooning...?!

    ---