Re: What's the first lesson you do?

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 19:09:32 PDT

    The first thing I did, after going over and practising
    classroom proceedures, was have them draw: a face,
    their hand, a chair, the person across the table. Then
    we made portfolios and put those inside to look at
    again at the end of the semester. Then we started with
    foreshortened circles and cylinders. The last of the
    week was drawing a still-life, then
    ring-around-the-still-life. This is in part because at
    this point I have no supplies but a short supply of
    tagboard, some newsprint and a few pencils.

    Betty in OK