RE: a use for old plasticene clay

From: Marcy Bogdanich (moosie)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 06:58:08 PDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Jean Hess [jeannieinpa]
    Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2000 10:15 AM
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk
    Subject: a use for old plasticene clay

    A few weeks (months) ago someone wanted to know what
    to do with old plasticene clay. I'm using that kind
    of clay now to make a "stencil" for pouring paper
    slurry and making shapes. I was using cookie cutters
    for a stencil form and pouring the slurry inside the
    cookie cutter. But for a more creative shape, cut a
    hole in a slab of clay and pour the slurry into that.
    I'm trying to use up 20 year-old construction paper
    for making the slurry. My kitchen is pretty wet right now!