Re: My class loads - middle school art teachers

From: Thomas R. Bronson (bronson3)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 06:31:29 PDT

    VGE

    I sympathize completely. I have accepted my first position as a middle
    school teacher in South Carolina and did not really understand how the
    classes were set up. My 5th and 6th grade classes are all at about 30
    students and meet on alternate days (3 of each). There are also two 8th
    grade classes and one 7th which amounts to approximately 260 portfolios to
    grade. EYeeeeeeeeah!

    I am truly fortunate to have a large art room (and a great pricipal) and
    some wonderful students. My biggest problem so far is keeping the noise
    down. They are very quiet when I am speaking until I pause for just a
    second.... Quite a difference from the high school.

    TRB

    ---