Re: Reward Idea

From: artrageous
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 17:32:40 PDT

    A "reward" thing that I did at my school last year (with 5th-12th graders)
    involved sort of an "intangible."

    I have a big poster, shaped and painted like a palette, then laminated, that
    says "Ms. Kennedy's Students are ART-RAGEOUS!" (I made this years ago in an
    Art Ed class as one of my projects in which I had to use cut letters.)

    I have a digital camera that I use constantly--taking pictures of work in
    progress, of the students, etc.--and one day when I'd photographed some of
    the kids really working hard on a project, I printed out my pictures (just
    black and white), cut them out, and stuck them up on the poster. This
    started a trend...

    So I started taking pics of kids (usually individually) when I caught them
    working well, and put them up on the poster in sort of a collage. They
    loved seeing whose picture was up there, and would ask when THEIR picture
    would be up (even the seniors!).

    It was just something simple and not anything that I "planned," but I'll do
    again this year :-)

    (And kind of cool--some of the pictures I took of students made it into
    various school-related and community magazines and things!)

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others

    ---