Good News! Judy D's Files--using archives

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 11:26:02 PDT

  • Next message: Fran Marze: "Re: Standard practices-unfinished work, regular projects going home-to mount or no ? <LYR3839-20967-2000.08.16-22.20.51--fmaiu+#pitt.edu>"

    Thank you to all who sent replies to me on how to use the archives of the
    Getty list (I can send the instructions to anyone who needs them now).
    Fortunately, I didn't have to go back and recreate all of my files I had
    saved from the List. I know you have heard about some problems with my "tech
    guy" (he certainly gave me a hard time, at times)....but I need to tell you
    what this guy did. He went in on a Saturday and copied all my files--then
    saved them onto a CD for me! What a wonderful thing to do!

    I have done many updates to my page as a result of having these files.
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker
    I will keep you posted when more links pages are finished. I am currently
    working on adding a Photography links page from all the sites that were
    posted to the list. I do not remember who made the post--but maybe you will
    recognize the links. I actually did the "Printmaking" one while listening to
    the convention the other night.

    I am also going to post some of the individual links pages some of my
    students made for various artists last spring (I just will not be able to
    list the students' names).

    I am still working on Music, theater, and dance links if anyone comes across
    some for sharing.

    For me....it is a "labor of love" (Craig Roland's phrase...not that I am
    comparing my site to his, mind you---his is SPECTACULAR and FUN--smile
    Craig, if you are reading). This is my way to give back to the list.

    Judith Decker

    P.S. If anyone has the software Microsoft FrontPage and wants to do your own
    links pages, I have some of my files saved as a simple web (done for someone
    else--no themes, just links with each page hyperlinked). The whole folder
    will fit on a floppy. Even though all of my links are not on this web, it
    would be somewhere to start. You can then easily add your own links and
    pages.
    mdecker and send snail mail. I will send copies only
    to the first ten who respond...My pleasure.

    ---