Latex free-Another twist in the 42 student saga

From: VanGghsEar
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 05:18:17 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I had my first two days with my new classes and the best thing I can say is
    of the 42 students they seemed to have put the best of the bunch together.
    It was funny how the roll worked out there.
    Anyway....they have given me a new student in the class who has spina bifida
    and is allergic to latex...their skin will blister if it even touches it. I
    know Crayola crayons, and acrylic/latex paints are off limits but has anyone
    ever had a student in art that should not be near latex? Please let me know
    what supplies might be off limits besides these two. They are sending an
    aide everyday to help out because of the liability of the students knocking
    into this student....(the student can not be bumped on one side due to a
    shunt and I informed them of the amount of moving we will be doing.)
    Any ideas on supplies..the student supplies their own gloves. Yes... I know
    read the lables....but I would like a head start because there are a lot of
    lables to read.

    VGE

    ---