Re: First day of school!

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 16:59:10 PDT

    "Buerkle, Jennifer" wrote:

    > One year they came up with a nifty way of distinguishing between the busses by
    > giving each a "color" designation, such as the red bus, white bus, etc. One
    > little kindergartener was very worried because they sure all looked yellow to
    > him!

    When I taught elementary, the buses each had a colored cartoon character
    in the window so the short guys could tell which bus to get on each
    day. Invariably, after a couple of weeks riding the Mickey Mouse bus,
    some adventurous soul would decide to try, say, the Bugs Bunny bus. So
    the kid would go allll-lllll over the reservation, sometimes to another
    village, and would often fall asleep on the bench seat. By then the
    driver would be back at the bus barn and would be getting ready to clean
    the bus and go home. You can imagine the difficulty they had trying to
    get a name and address out of a frightened kindergartner; meanwhile, mom
    would be in hysterics at the school office because he didn't come
    home...

    Maggie

    ---