art supply/legal issue?

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 13:52:52 PDT

        I need some advice. When my building closed, my principal and
    vice-principal told me to take all the supplies that I wanted. If I did not
    want anything, just leave it. The district was never going to move the
    supplies anyway. If the supplies were left, it proposes a risk to be stolen
    or just left there for the next 50 years.
        So I packed up nearly everything. With my own boxes. And moved it all to
    my basement. Where else was I going to store all that stuff? Now I am in a
    different district. I plan on returning many of the supplies to another
    teacher in the old district. However, I would to keep the supplies that are
    open such as open bottles of paint, packages of paper, etc., etc.. There
    really isn't that much, not even enough to notice. (Like the district knew
    what I had anyway.)
        Nobody has called looking for the supplies either. If someone were to, I
    want to tell them to come pick up the supplies, but bring your own boxes. I
    don't feel I should move the supplies for the second time. I was only
    following "orders". I dunno. Any thoughts?

    Jennifer in Michigan

    ---