New Work

From: Olejarz2
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 09:54:35 PDT

    Godzilla by Harold Olejarz
    http://www.olejarz.com/art/godzilla/

    Godzilla is a creature of breathtaking power with awesome destructive
    abilities. Many monsters like him exist in the legends and literature of
    most cultures. The Beowulf legend presents the monster Grendel, who kills
    and mames Danes until Beowulf slays the beast. In John Gardner's retelling
    of Beowulf, which narrates the story from the perspective of Grendel, we
    see the other side of the beast, learning of the creatures loneliness,
    torment and even human-like emotions. Godzilla is a series of digital
    images that presents this other side of the monster. These images
    visualize an animated dialog between monsters, with two small plastic
    wind-up toys as actors.

    Harold Olejarz
    August, 2000

    ---