cold wax solution question

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 07:19:54 PDT

    Hi Gang,
      I'm doing batik sketchbook covers with my 5th grade. This year I
    discovered something called "Cold Water Wax Solution" by Createx. It
    has no real instructions, just to "rinse out with hot water." Well, I
    tried that last night (I used boiling water in a bucket) and what it did
    was to release more of the dye into the bucket, which dyed all the
    batik-ed areas, now you can't see the designs! Luckily I only did this
    with one class... Does anyone have any experience with this medium?
    Tonight I think I will just run under very hot water in the sink
    (hopefully it won't clog my pipes or septic tank). I have no hot water
    in my art room, so I have to do it at home. Any help is appreciated!

    teri

    ---