Face Mask Molds from Wax...help!

From: ARTNSOUL12
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 07:07:27 PDT

    Hi, everyone! I have blocks and blocks of low temp melting wax that I
    ordered last year and haven't yet used. I thought I could have my 5th
    graders make face molds on each other. What I would do next, I'm not sure.
    Maybe make a positive from the mold- out of plaster? Would clay work, or is
    the wax too fragile? I was thinking of having the kids attach the portrait
    reliefs to canvas board and then do a self portrait painting around it. Has
    anyone used wax as a mold? On the face? Any other ideas as to what I could
    do with this wax? Susan on Long Island

    ---