Re: HELP! (learning names)

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 19:10:55 PDT

    With 550+ kids at two schools, I've given up learning names. I just apologize
    and tell them I will never forget their face. I prove it by picking out the
    new kids each year and telling "old" students what's different about them at
    the beginning of the year. That way, they feel special even if I flub their
    name.
    I do keep a seating chart and refer to that when I want to call out a name.
    I number the chairs at each table and they must always sit in that chair
    unless I change them. That does help.Janet

    ---