Empty Bowls Project - you can participate

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 18:52:54 PDT

    Greetings. I forget where the Empty Bowls project first started, but the basic premise is that you make bowls and donate them to a group associated w/ the Food Bank. The group then has a fundraiser wherein the bowls are sold (sometimes auctioned!) and filled w/ soup for the winner. This raises money for the Food Bank.

    In March 2001, the annual convention of the National Council for Education in the Ceramic Arts (NCECA, pronounced InSeekA) will be held in Charlotte, NC. In conjunction with this event, my friend Chris Schaefle is organizing an Empty Bowls project to benefit the Food Bank of Charlotte. This particular event is being called Just One Bowl. The request is that you send at least one bowl for the food bank.

    Bowl collection has started and is ongoing. If you want to participate w/ your classes, you are welcome! We do ask that you please make sure your glazes are foodsafe. :) For more information on this particular event, you can contact Chris directly at candle .

    L. P. Skeen www.living-tree.net
    Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps
    Summerfield, NC
    "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."<G>

    ---