Colonial art

From: gregjuli
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 15:38:05 PDT

    Hey you rag ruggers!
    I think the rugs will be cool, but I wanted to tell you about another option-
    Floorcloths originated in Medieval times but were very popular in Colonial times.
    Students can stencil, paint or print on the heavy cloth of canvas ( cotton duck
    ok too). My students have made mini versions of the floorcloths since our time
    is very limited. They can be coated with clear acrylic gloss for durability.