Re: Learning Names

From: Linda Erling-Baker (beartsmart)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 13:11:56 PDT

    The first year I taught, I had 250 students who I saw only once or twice
    a week. I asked for the previous school yearbook, made copies of the
    pages with the class photos and attached each page to the current
    seating chart. For the first few weeks, I would keep these sheets
    (reduced to about 5 1/2" x 8 1/2") within easy viewing. This way, I
    could associate the name with the correct face in no time. The only ones
    I didn't have photos of were the pre-schoolers and the new students to
    the school.
    Linda

    ---