Re: Teachers Who Sell Their Work

From: Sue Stewart (stewar2)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 10:11:49 PDT

    I've been lurking on this thread - trying to do some painting. I do
    sell because I have a friend who has a gallery in an old church and lets
    a group of us show once a year with no commission. I don't sell much
    but it is exposure. I also created an "opportunity" by setting up a
    "staff" show at our school - this will be the 7th year - we solicit from
    the whole district staff - usually get about 30 pieces -some are art
    teachers, some hobbyists -(although we don't show crafts from kits ) we
    get ceramics, paper makers , print artists, etc. We show in the display
    cases at the high school. While we don't get a lot of sales or public
    walk in, it does model to the students that anyone can be creative and
    artistic and a teacher or secretary, etc. For some teachers it is a
    hidden side to their public persona. Personally it makes me work to
    have something for the show every year.

    ---