Godzilla

From: Olejarz2
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 07:51:28 PDT

    <A HREF="http://www.olejarz.com/art/godzilla/index.html">Godzilla by Harold
    Olejarz</A>
    http://www.olejarz.com/art/godzilla/

    Godzilla is a creature of breathtaking power with awesome destructive
    abilities. Many monsters like him exist in the legends and literature of most
    cultures. The Beowulf legend presents the monster Grendel, who kills and
    mames Danes until Beowulf slays the beast. In John Gardner's retelling of
    Beowulf, which narrates the story from the perspective of Grendel, we see the
    other side of the beast, learning of the creatures loneliness, torment and
    even human-like emotions. Godzilla is a series of digital images that
    presents this other side of the monster. These images visualize an animated
    dialog between monsters, with two small plastic wind-up toys as actors.

    Harold Olejarz
    August, 2000

    ---