Re: Reward Idea

From: ARTNSOUL12
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 05:37:07 PDT

    Thanks to all who have been sharing ideas their classroom rewards systems.
    Here's another one which has always been one of my most popular with the
    kids:

    I purchased a big roll of raffle tickets- the kind that has two parts to the
    ticket with the same numbers on it, that are made to tear in half. I got
    this roll years ago. It has lasted so long- hard to use it up. Once in a
    while, when I'm in a "raffle mood"- often when I want to modify class
    behavior the week before a school vacation break, or if I can sense its not
    going to be a great day for the class, I give out raffle tickets to those
    students working within the rules. Without a word, I will look for the
    students who are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing and place a
    raffle ticket in front of them, with the other half of their # in a special
    jar. When the others see this, they get the message without me saying a
    word! At the end of class we draw numbers and the winners get a trip to the
    treasure box in front of my room. In this box are lots of sample art
    supplies (the small package of Model Magic sample is the most popular) which
    I have collected at conferences, along with other "treats". I tell the kids
    that you gotta be in it to win it...students can earn one or more tickets
    throughout the class.
    Any other ideas out there? Susan on Long Island

    ---