RE: Standard practices-unfinished work, regular projects going ho me-to mount or no ?

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 05:03:54 PDT

    > ps- when considering this request as a single one, it doesn't seem
    > unreasonable,

    Yes it does - my heart goes out to you. I have parent volunteer anything
    that gets a mat - they also cut the donated poster board and cut the mats -
    but even then not everything is 'finished' in this way.

    I guess there are a thousand things you could say to this person, but if
    this is how they are speaking to you, they won't hear any of it.

    You have your principal and dept. chair behind you... and although the
    principals advice about waiting it out maybe doesn't seem possible to you -
    he/she is probably right. Be calm, repeat your reasoning if the teacher
    still doesn't get it - maybe tell them you appreciate their interest in the
    children's work and since they are so concerned you would be happy to help
    them find directions for the projects they are requesting - offer support -
    but you don't have to answer to them.

    Offer to teach them how to cut a mat - with a smile.

    Ellen
    PS - Easier for me to type than you to do it -

    ---