Re: Standard practices-unfinished work, regular projects going home-to mount or no ?

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 22:41:12 PDT

    I know I'm new here, but I can tell you that the former art teacher did not
    matte and frame anything unless it was to go in an exhibit. She would
    exhibit grade level work in the hallway - no shows or special exhibits. If
    any of us had said that to her she would have blown a gasket!
    Sounds like this guy is bucking to take over for the retiring teacher and
    doing a fine job of it! I would let him go to the principal - but I would
    get in there first and tell her/him what's going on. I know from my Third
    grade that the more you buy out-of-pocket, the more the school will let you
    buy. We often joked that we should take everything out of the room we had
    purchased on our own and show the community how bare the walls would be. I
    have no intention of buying the supplies for the Art room myself- couldn't
    afford it! Don't start something that everyone will expect you to do. Stick
    to your guns and make it clear that you have the support that matters!
    Sally^.^

    I told him he had no idea how expensive and time consuming
    >that would be, that it is not standard practice among my colleagues in our
    >district, and that it has generally been accepted that the work gets matted
    >for the annual art show or mounted for it. Otherwise things go home "as is"
    >minus framing.

    ---