Re: Rules and Regulations

From: Iteachart7
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 19:16:09 PDT

    In a message dated 8/16/00 8:24:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    ARTNSOUL12 writes:

    << I am very interested in what others are doing for rewards; always looking
    for
     new ideas. My philosophy is, if it works for you, do it!

    I hand out "Caught being great" citations.They are 2x8 1/2 inches long. There
    is a place for name and date and then a list w/check boxes. the list has the
    rules from being IN dress-code to great clean up, particaption, work, etc. my
    students earn treats with "X" number of citations. There is one catch
    though...If they blow it, they have to hand "X" number back to me. They can
    build up and save for bigger treats. Everyone starts fresh each marking
    period. I even give them to students that aren't in my class. It's great
    for morale. I got the idea from my Dad who used a Poker chip system for our
    allowance.
    Peace
    Gabrielle

    ---