Re: great offer/two weeks before school

From: Olejarz2
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 15:33:59 PDT

    Julie,

    Just Go For It!!!

    For 9 years I went out of my way to do all that I could for my school and my
    district. When the opportunity came for them to give me an opportunity and
    support all that I accomplished in the area of technology and staff
    development, they just passed me by.

    My solution is to take all the extra time I was devoting to my district and
    my school and devote it to my own art. I will still give 110% to my students,
    but district and school issues are not my problem.

    harold

    In a message dated 8/16/00 1:36:47 PM, bkramer.us writes:

    << > Last Thursday a friend offered me a chance to apply for a position that
    would
    > be really challenging, 12 mos a year instead of 10, and excellent money.
    > My question is -- without a contract yet, is it O.K. to give a two week
    > notice for this school year? I know it's O.K., I just feel badly about it.
    >
    > I think I'll spend the next two weeks helping to put supplies away and
    > interviewing another candidate. The only problem is, the offer is not on
    the
    > table yet. Don't feel comfortable moving forward until I have a contract --
    > know what I mean. What do y'all think? Julie >>

    ---