Re: great offer/two weeks before school

From: KPRS (KPRS)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 13:03:34 PDT

    You won't find any teacher harder working than Bunki, and I agree with her
    whole heartedly on this one!! I'd go for it in a New York minute, and wouldt
    let the door hit my rear end on the way out! Why? Because if the tables were
    reversed (and in your case I noticed they did NOT give you the full time
    job), they would do the same to you! Life is too short to feel guilty when
    no one else cares. Keep the guilt for when it counts! Your students will
    miss you, that's true, but as I say all the time to students, and friends
    alike, 'when the tide comes in, my footprints will be erased.'

    San D

    > What do I think? I'd get the contract first and then go for it. Life's too
    > short. If I've learned one lesson in my career...it's that the school
    thinks
    > of itself first before you (and where's the ethics in THAT?) so why
    > shouldn't YOU do the same thing? Your ultimate friend is yourself so be
    kind
    > to this person. Toodles......

    ---