Re: college art appreciation intro

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 11:13:19 PDT

    Alasann1 Alasann1 8/16/00 10:16 AM

    >I am teaching two college sections of art appreciation. I was wondering
    >about
    >intro activity to do in the class

    Not sure this is really an intro activity, but when I was studying art
    app in college, our prof asked us to each randomly "adopt" an artist that
    was unfamiliar to us. It was our job to "concentrate" on that artist
    throughout the semester, reporting bits of trivia, saving postcards or
    other pictures of their works, finding out things about their "country"
    or town. And so on. Now that artist is one of my favorites. Pissaro.

    I really liked the concept of getting a personal attachment to one artist
    and their works.

    maryann
    http://www.brightring.com

    ---