Re: great offer/two weeks before school

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 10:06:50 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************
    > Last Thursday a friend offered me a chance to apply for a position that would
    > be really challenging, 12 mos a year instead of 10, and excellent money.
    > My question is -- without a contract yet, is it O.K. to give a two week
    > notice for this school year? I know it's O.K., I just feel badly about it.
    >
    > I think I'll spend the next two weeks helping to put supplies away and
    > interviewing another candidate. The only problem is, the offer is not on the
    > table yet. Don't feel comfortable moving forward until I have a contract --
    > know what I mean. What do y'all think? Julie
    What do I think? I'd get the contract first and then go for it. Life's too
    short. If I've learned one lesson in my career...it's that the school thinks
    of itself first before you (and where's the ethics in THAT?) so why
    shouldn't YOU do the same thing? Your ultimate friend is yourself so be kind
    to this person. Toodles......

    ---