ashtrays and more

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 08:52:16 PDT

    boy I love the 'dollar store'...

    recent purchases -
    24 individual pencil sharpeners
    large bowls for mixing and water
    pet food dishes that stay put for little ones (to use with beads or buttons,
    or paste or water......)
    utility knives - a set for a dollar
    pliers
    ashtrays (2 for $1) to use as brush holders for youngers and olders
    odds and ends for clay impressions
    wrapping paper for collage
    utensils for mixing, printing, shaping (to supplement donated and Goodwill)
    soap and cleaner
    spray bottles for misting -

    also -
    take a section of 1" x 4" - maybe 9" (depending on overall size wanted) -
    take 6 clean cans (taped around the edges)
    screw them to the board - board on its side - can tops flush with the board
    -
    add a drawer handle to the wood
    and you have a tote - tuna cans can hold small items - home cans for
    pencils etc and lunchroom cans for who knows what -

    I first saw this in Martha Stewart Living - now if you stop laughing I will
    tell you that I have used lots of things from that publication in both my
    math and art classes - and they have been very good about faxing lost
    information.

    I am returning to primary and intermediate this year - For 15 years I was
    K-8, then 5-8... boy - these Ks look awfully young! May need some
    refreshers from all of you -

    Ellen

    ---